Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Goodbye, June

Status update:

(1) I'm quitting my job.  There is a multitude of reasons for this, but it is safe to say that there are several things about that job that are illegal.  I've had enough.  This produces complications, however, because I kind of need a job.  Those dorm room items aren't going to buy themselves.  The good news, though, is that I've got two job opportunities lined up at Bloomington.

(2) The other good news is that with my new (possibly) restricted budget, I can't buy more yarn to fuel my knitting fantasies.  Which means I actually have to use the yarn I have to knit projects I've actually planned.  The amount of yarn I have, coupled with my new-found free time, should result in some finished objects around here.

(3) This also means I can't buy more books.  This should also result in me reading my bookshelf.

(4) Ryan is still here and tomorrow we are going to Chicago to look at sheet music and visit Myopic Books.  It's a wonderful half-price bookstore.  He's going to go crazy and buy their entire stock of French books.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  Until then, I'll be knitting.  (Oh!  Maybe they have some knitting books?)

No comments:

Post a Comment