Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Storm love

We are experiencing the mother of all normal thunderstorms, here.  There was a tornado warning for a town nearby but over where I am the storm's not even severe enough to cause a power outage.  In fact, we never get anything exciting where I live.  All of the interesting parts of all storms happen in the town nearby and when Chesterton has huge power outages, I'm just sitting cozy in my well-lit house.  And yes, that did very much sound like I wanted power outages and tornado-force winds.

I'm located about ten minutes south of Lake Michigan and forty-five minutes from the Illinois border.  I was out to dinner with my dad and they had the news on; downtown Chicago is completely blacked out.  The storm that hit them was moving our way.  Storms thrill me.  When my dad and I were driving home, we got to see all the black storm clouds advance and then all of a sudden the cold front came through and it was amazing.

We've been having a lot of thunderstorms lately.  And most oddly, we've been having thunderstorms in the morning.  Yesterday and today I got to wake up in a very pleasant manner to thunderstorms and rain outside my window.  And today, we've had two pretty sizable storms in the space of twelve hours.  Not to mention we experienced a huge storm while I was at nationals, and even in Kansas City there were at least two storms in one week while I was there.  Love it, love it, love it.  The weather should be like this all the time.

Still plugging along on the scarf.  I knit at it a little bit when I was at a cafe today, but then my friend told me Charlotte Russe was having a sale on their harem pants and that was the end of my knitting today.  I didn't even find their harem pants, either.  Feh.

No comments:

Post a Comment