Saturday, June 19, 2010

Home again

Here I am, home again.  I never thought I'd be so relieved to see Chesterton, Indiana (actually, I wouldn't have minded seeing What Cheer, Iowa, either, but that's another story).  I've just been homesick and lonely for my friends which were not on that nationals trip and wanting my other yarns and ideas and needles because I scrapped the scarf and I didn't feel like knitting on the socks.  I want to start a garment, damnit, but of course the yarn I ordered from KnitPicks isn't here yet.  So I don't know what I'll do.  Probably start the scarf over again.

Now... now, I have absolutely nothing to do.  No obligations!  It feels wonderful.  I can do whatever I damn well please for the next two months!  Then it's off with school, but I honestly imagine I'll enjoy at least 80% of that.  I really super like learning, when it comes to good teachers and subjects I'm genuinely interested in.

I'm hoping I can make the most of this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment