Monday, June 7, 2010

Blue fuzzy alpaca from hell (and baby polar bears!)

In the past two hours, I've started a scarf four times.  Each of them have been frogged, unraveled, or simply torn off the skein of yarn because this charming, charismatic blue alpaca that taunted me from the yarn store shelf is easily breakable.  It's not this beautiful yarn's fault that I've started a damn scarf four times today and that none of those attempts have worked out.  Really, it's not.

At least, that's what I've been telling myself.

Sigh.  I went to my LYS today to get some more yarn because I'm a fiber head.  I already have SO MUCH YARN, but I thought I'd go and get more because there are just some people in my life that I want to knit for.  I got this really lovely blue alpaca (from Nashua Handknits -- same people I got that wacky sock yarn from!  Amazing!) and some plain old black Lamb's Pride worsted for a friend.  The products, I mean, will be for the friend.

But really, I've started a scarf FOUR TIMES ALREADY.  Definitely time for some ice cream and Planet Earth. (Oh!  Today I was lucky enough to receive Planet Earth as a graduation present from the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for.  He's amazing and I love him and I've got Planet Earth!  I've already seen BABY POLAR BEARS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment