Saturday, June 19, 2010

All the world is my oyster

I'm just going to gush for a little bit here, so many ideas are swirling around my brain and I just want to blather forth in joy and wonder and sheer opportunity.  Again, you don't have to read.  It's probably boring.

Okay so I recently finished the book The Friday Night Knitting Club.  Most people think I read it because I knit, and while that is some of the reason why I picked it up in the first place, that's not the reason why I bought it.  I don't really enjoy the style of writing, it's cliche and appeals to the masses far too much (kind of like Dan Brown), but I read it anyway.  The novel has good enough intentions and a heartwarming message, plot issues aside.  Especially because after reading this book, I am feeling so high and giddy and excited, ready to burst, with this idea: life is what you make of it.


I can do anything!  I can do absolutely anything with my life, whatever I want to do.  It's amazing.  It is so amazing and whatever I want to do, I can succeed at.  I have the tools and the opportunities and just plain sheer youth on my side.  Do I want to travel around Europe?  I can do it!  Traveling on a bootstring, staying in hostels with sleeping bags and whatnot.  Living in a country is the best way to learn their language.  Hell, my friend's mother supported herself once by street performing with a guitar.  She is so prim and proper now, I would never have guessed!  If she can do that, I can too.  Hell, backpack around the world, even.  See the sceneries and landscapes of our planet, discover books and friends and food, buy yarn.  Knit.  I really should knit more.  I want some beautiful knitting needles, honestly.  But I shouldn't get beautiful needles until I start actually finishing things!  Which I can do!  Because I can do anything!

So, yeah.  This is me, effusive with glory, aglow with the notion that I have my entire life before me and I can do anything I want.  Truly, truly joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment