Monday, June 28, 2010

Good thing he's not allergic to Happy Socks

Still working on that scarf.  I've got about four and a half of the twenty-seven repeats done.  At this rate I'll have it done by Christmas.  (This is why I say I need to knit more.)

Ryan is here and I'm happy as a clam.  I always am when he's here, and I suspect it's probably due to the whole distance thing.  He enjoys taking the random French books I have off of my bookshelf and going through them.  Sometime he's going to teach me French.  Sometime.  But Ryan's arrival heralded a fear which I have held ever since my box of yarn came from KnitPicks -- he's allergic to the yarn I ordered.  He says it's green, and it kind of is (for those of you who don't know, he's allergic to blue dye [this means anything blue, purple, green, and the majority of the time, grey {what do I expect from a colorway named thyme, at any rate?}]).  So I guess I'm going to have to take the thousand-odd yards of yarn I have and turn it into something for myself.  Which I don't mind because it's a nice enough color.  I could wear it.

I started some socks.  It's kind of a recurring theme around here that I never finish anything and always start new things.  I'm thinking that a nice, plain stockinette sock with that gorgeous golden yarn I ordered will make me happy.  Ryan's not allergic to yellow, so he can have the socks.  They're very happy and glowing and sunshine-y.  That's why I'm calling them the Happy Socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment