Monday, June 21, 2010

Normalcy... I guess

Today was nice.  I didn't do much for Father's Day, considering I never know what to get my grandfather and my father is visiting my other grandfather (the one I don't live with) in Kentucky.  Not to mention, the grandfather I do live with was gone half the day, anyway.  As was I.  But we'll get to that.  I want to wish any fathers that might be reading this blog a happy Father's Day, and I hope it went well for you all.

I went shopping at Target again today for odds and ends for my dorm.  Mostly because I need something to keep my yarn in; it's all in a pile in between my computer chair and my nightstand, and it keeps getting caught in my chair wheels.  Annoying.  So I bought a big plastic bendy purple tub today at Target.  Oh, and remember the Great Purge?  I finally did it today, as far as clothes go.  I got rid of 70% of my wardrobe because I never wear any of it... as a result, all of the clothes I did keep are on my floor and my dresser and closet are empty.  I'm hoping now that my closet is free of all the clothes I never wear, I can put my yarn in the tub and stick it on top of the trunk I have in there.  But they conveniently placed the storage aisle right next to the living odds and ends aisle... and while I was there, I thought, "Oh... I need to get some silverware to go along with my dishes."  And then, I saw these cute little caddies to keep your silverware in, and I realized, "Oh!  I have nowhere to put these spoons and forks and knives!"  So I bought one of those, too.  In lime green.  It's amazing.  I love Target.

My plan is to buy things I need for my dorm little by little, so I don't have to buy it all at once in August when everyone else is.  And also because I have to pay for most of it myself, and I don't have much money, so I kind of need to buy it little by little.  I need to buy sheets, honestly... but that can wait.  I have a whole checklist and for once in my life, I am organized.  It's a little frightening!

And then I watched my little sister for the second half of the day, and she was an absolute angel.  I love her so much.  She is so little, and I love her like I'd love my own kid.  Actually, funny I should say that, because I took her to the Dairy Queen today and a kid I knew that graduated last year said to me, "Huh, I didn't know you had a kid."  He was serious, and I had to set him straight.  You know, a lot of people probably think she's my kid... oh well.  Anywho.  We also went to see Toy Story 3, and IT WAS SO GOOD.  So good.  Damn.  Everything Pixar makes is totally amazing.  Everything.  Amazing.

I'm hoping my box of yarn comes tomorrow.  When my grandmother's not home.  So she won't yell at me for spending more money on more yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment