Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hustle and bustle

Things have heated up pretty quickly over in my life and I've been pretty busy.  Mostly it's been work [insert frowny face here].  I always seem to pick up people's shifts, which leads to me always being at work.  And with Asshole Boss there (well, most of the time he's not, actually), it's not exactly pleasant.

I bought more books yesterday.  The Good Earth, by Pearl S. Buck; Hot, Flat, and Crowded, by Thomas L. Friedman; and Cathedral of the Sea, by (ahahaha) Ildefonso Falcones.  What a name!  My friend and I were laughing about how serious he is.  I bought the last two on the bargain table at Barnes & Noble, so I got two shiny, huge hardcover books for $13.  Life is so good, let me tell you.

Maybe at this point I should inform my readers that I have a disease.  Little research has been done on this disease, even though it afflicts a goodly number of the planet's inhabitants; thus, it does not have a name.  I buy books way faster than I can read them.  I haven't read a third of my bookshelf, and I keep buying books!  I just love having books!  My dorm is going to be so crowded with books.  Books and yarn, that's pretty much my life.  Oh, and languages.  But learning languages doesn't take up as much space as my stash and my library.  So, yeah.  I buy books when I don't need to buy books.  Mostly it's because during the school year, I'm mostly too tired or too occupied to sit down and read for very long, so the only reading I get done is the required reading for school.  But now, summer is here, and I am planning lots of days where I sit outside on my porch swing and do nothing but read.  I've got half of the Wheel of Time series to get through, for goodness sakes!

Also, next week, I'll be off to Kansas City.  The national debate tournament is coming up and we leave on Saturday.  The hotel will have wi-fi for sure, but I'm not so certain about wherever the tournament is being held.  Who knows when I'll blog next?  My partner and I are hoping to at least break at nationals, so we'll see.  If we don't, though, I'm not going to be as heartbroken as when I lost state.  This is the last debate tournament I'll ever have to do, and I'm kind of looking forward to a week from now when it will all be over.  Then I can just sit back and relaaaaaax.

No comments:

Post a Comment