Friday, June 4, 2010

Socks and ladders

The blackrose socks are going swimmingly, and I'm loving the yarn.  Love love love it.  It's both self-striping and variegated, which sounds atrocious but is actually the coolest thing ever to hit yarn, ever.

But here's my problem... So I'm going strong on the heel flap, feeling quite proud of myself for converting a magic loop pattern to DPNs when it comes to making/turning the heel and gusset... considering the instructions are lacking and I've only done it once.  Anywho.  This happened last time, too, with the Monkey socks -- but when I'm working on the heel flap, and also just plain whenever I'm working on three dpns, I get these huuuuge freaking ladders that crawl up on me.  Well, not huge, but when I finally pick up the gusset, it's big enough to look like a generous yarn over.

HOW DO I STOP THIS?

I'm definitely going to wear the socks anyway (if they fit.  I have large feet), but for professionalism and the possibility of selling knitwear, I'd like to know how to fix this.  I feel an epic journey on the interwebs is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment