Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jazzin' it up in KC, among other things

Who knew?  Who ever knows, actually.  Our hotel doesn't have free wifi -- it has wifi, yes, but you must pay $10 a day for it.  One of the high schools where the tournament is being held at (which was the one everyone's elimination rounds were being held at and also policy pre-elimination rounds were held at) has free guest wifi.  Nowhere else does.  I did pay for one day of wifi, so here I am, blogging.  Today I'm just bumming around the hotel because I don't have to do anything!  So nice.  I've bought more books (thanks to my disease), but more importantly, last night I bought yarn.

My first impulse to buy yarn was centered around the desire to do something nice for my boyfriend, who recently has bought me a lot of gifts.  I figured I'd knit him a proper sweater, seeing as the EPS raglan, on forethought, was icky.  Not to mention, due to my lapses in attention, it had a few mistakes in it that were very noticeable.  It's frogged officially now on Ravelry.  I think my next sweater for him will be the Seamless Hybrid, which seems to look nice on a man.  I ordered eleven 50g balls of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Thyme, which I think is a nice muted color and pretty classy for someone who can't wear anything with blue dye.

Also!  I bought yarn to make a hat and fingerless mittens for myself to go with the Heroine coat I plan on knitting.  I'll get to knitting that coat someday... if I really apply myself, I could knit it in a week or two.  It's knit in pieces and then seamed up and felted (shitshitshit)... I had better knit this before I go away to college, actually, because I can't imagine where I'd get the resources needed to felt anything in college.  I refuse to do washing machine felting on my first try.  I'd like my piece of knitting right where I can see it at all times, thank you!

And I also bought the best sock yarn ever.  Wonderful stripes and colors and hues.  I love knitting socks.  The Blackrose socks are on hold right about now because I left the pattern for them at home and I'm working on the Falling Water scarf right now, and it's just positively lovely.

So yep.  That's what I've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment