Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh, and...

socks.

I fucked up the jacket I'm knitting. The pattern motif is off by ONE STITCH. When did I make this mistake? At the beginning of a round. When did I realize I made this mistake? At the end of the round. I just don't have it in my heart to rip back 258 stitches and knit the round again any time soon, so I give up on trying to knit this garment on a deadline.

I'll just knit fair isle socks for the damn scholarship. Just as colorful, just as "wow" to non-knitters, and small. Small enough to finish in a few days. Except...

have I ever mentioned I've never knitted a sock before?

Ha. Still, if I spend a few days knitting, I should be able to pull off finishing these before April 2nd. It's totally doable. I've got a few yarn balls in my stash that I can use to learn how to make the sock, and then today I nipped out to my local, little yarn store and bought two skeins of Cascade sock yarn. One in green, on in a soft gold-yellow. I intend to work these colors in a pattern for these. They look neat-o. And then at the end, I'll have cool socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment