Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blog post the first

Hello everyone (or most likely, no one). This is the christening post, the maiden voyage of permanent bloghood. Maybe. I'm notorious for hopping around journals and blogs. I'm a scarlet woman when it comes to journal commitment. But I'm going to make a genuine effort with this one!

Things I guess you should know when reading my diarrhea of the fingers:

1. I procrastinate like a fiend. A lot of this blog will be me whinging about things I have to do in a rush because I've procrastinated them, but, c'est la vie. I'm the best procrastinator anyone I've known has ever met, and this blog post is, in fact, procrastination.

2. I have way too many interests. And I mean WAY too many interests. There are seven (million?) things I'd like to do when I grow up. Translation, philosophy, yoga teacher, midwifery, teaching, opening up a baker shop, being a housewife. I'm interesting in pretty much everything except math. And even then, I'm super interested in math theory. Just not working out the actual problems, because I always fuck them up.

3. I swear. Sorry.

4. I'm 17, a senior in high school, completing a somewhat questionable IB program. Next year, funds providing, I'll be heading off to college. Funds not providing... well. I don't want to think about that.

5. I read, knit, and learn languages. I absolutely love different cultures. That's pretty much my life.


Yep. Groundwork for me.

Things I have to do between now and Friday:
(1) Finish a Japanese internal assessment
(2) Read chapters 3, 4, and 5 of After Virtue
(3) Finish math homework due tomorrow
(4) Study for a P&A test (physiology and anatomy)
(5) Do P&A homework
(6) Complete assorted reader response journals for English
(7) Find time to knit my scholarship sweater, which happens to be my first sweater AND my first steeking project AND my first colorwork project. Tackling big mountains here, I am.
(8) Throw away three hours of my day tomorrow working.
(9) Study for a math test. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment