Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The advent of the run-on sentence

That title alone should scare you.

This always happens when I get off on some break from school and then my whole sleeping schedule turns itself inside out in THREE DAYS, and before you know it, I'm up until 3 and in bed until noon. What a drag. I'm musing on this because it's 10:30 at night, and I've yet to do another day of Jillian Whoever-the-fuck, shower, make DELICIOUS CURRY RICE!, put away dishes, start on that infuriating sock for a third time... and other things.

My sister-aunt is at her friends house and therefore skipping a day of Jillian, I bet. What a wimp. (Watch. She'll have done it with her friend -- or better yet, have taken the DVD with her and left me Jillian-less). My legs really hurt today. God damn you, Lactic Acid.

Today I started twice on a sock. I really hate working anything on three double-points, because for some reason it always creates ladders that spiral out of control and leave me looking bewildered at the pile of yarn that used to be a sock. Four dpns are much safer. Unfortunately, due to my step-mother being in the hospital, I was stuck at my dad's today watching my little sister (she's two). Now, I love watching my sister and don't mind doing that at all, but guess how many dpns I brought with me today -- yep, four. Not five. I bravely tried to soldier on, thinking that thousands of women have knit socks using four dpns. Why can't I? But in the end I gave up. So tonight will be Attempt Four at Beginner Sock. Hopefully the CURRY I bought today will soothe me.

Did I mention that I bought CURRY today for making DELICIOUS CURRY RICE? Curry, curry, curry!

This is almost enough cause for excitement to distract me from the fact that Abby will be home tomorrow. I don't know what I'm going to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment