Thursday, July 8, 2010

Strawberry soup and color revelations

I haven't been knitting much, to be honest (and by much, I mean, not at all).  I haven't been home much, either, for the past few days.  But!  I have been up to interesting activities, and why confine to the parameters of this knit blog when I have other material I could blog about?

Admittedly, I am not a very good cook yet.  Mainly because I've never been taught by anyone, anywhere, how to cook anything.  So any culinary adventures I have in the kitchen are strictly under the supervision of moi.  But, today I made strawberry soup!  It's very easy (which is one of the reasons I could make it!).   Strawberry soup is meant to be served cold, and is very refreshing on hot summer days.  And all you need to do is toss...

2 pints of strawberries (2 normal cases at the grocery store)
2 cups of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of orange juice
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/8 of some sweet spice that goes with baking  (our recipe called for cardamom, we used cinnamon sugar... it still tasted delicious)

... into a blender, and puree your heart out.  Then pour it into bowls and, ta da!  Instant, delicious, yummy, pink, refreshing strawberry soup.  The measurements above will fill up a normal sized blender, so if you're afraid that you won't fit everything into the blender, it is safe to put one carton of strawberries into the blender along with the rest of the ingredients, puree, and then drop the rest of the strawberries in.  It eased my fears, at least.  Legitimately.

----------

So, I'm going to knit the Heroine coat (someday [before October]), and I've been trying to think of good colors that would go with a nice, off-white.  "Cloud" is what I think the colorway is, so white, but not a glaring white.  I don't favor glaring whites.  Anyway.  And silly me, I thought, "Red!  Red is okay..." and I ordered red yarn.  But then, when I was flipping through a magazine today, what did I spy?  A woman in a lovely white cabled sweater, with a lovely cabled gray scarf and a lovely cabled gray hat.  Gray. The perfect compliment to white.

Not to mention, the gray would contrast perfectly against white for the Anemoi mittens.  To go with my coat.  And perfectly compliment it.

I'll just have to find something to do with the red yarn, it seems!  Maybe my wonderful boyfriend would enjoy something red.

No comments:

Post a Comment