Monday, July 5, 2010

A flit of thought

I realized last night that I have to finish the Falling Waters scarf in order to make my blanket.  The needles that would be ideal to use, my 10" bamboo straight, size 6, are currently employed with that scarf right now.

The idea of the blanket is to knit different colored squares and just sew them together in a blanket.  Knitting with worsted weight on size 6 needles, in my gauge, will definitely produce a thick enough fabric to see me through the winter months.  The blanket is going to fashion as a quilt of some sorts for my dorm bed in college.  I really want to get started on it, because how hard is it to knit a square or two when you get bored with a project?  Or if I'm really fired up, crank out six or so in a day while I'm reading or watching a movie?  It should go by quickly and would be a good project to work on while I work on others.

So if you need me, I'll be knitting on the damn scarf.  I messed up a WS row and I have to rip it back.  Again.  I hate ripping back work.  I need this thing finished anyway, though, because it's meant to be a present for my grandmother for her birthday.  She'll love it.  It's soft and blue and feathery and has a wonderful design, and she tends to go for things that are "fancy."  Add the handmade charm, and voilá!  Instant success.

If, you know, I could quit yapping and knit the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment