Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In which I rant of social interaction

I have an acute problem with people, sometimes.  I know that I have formerly blogged about my hatred of humanity, but it is still here.  And every time I experience what I would deem other people's stupidity, it feels as fresh and damning as if it were the first epiphany.

Except, this isn't good.  Hate corrupts and even if my thoughts don't carry into actions, the insidious thoughts are still there, brewing in my mind and causing troubles on other levels of consciousness.  I only have a handful, a very few amount of friends, and I like it that way.  Being around so much humanity is very trying for me.  The reason why it's so trying for me, though, is shameful to admit.  My thoughts are: that people are cliché, that no one should air their personal life so blatantly through a social networking site, that whining through Facebook accomplishes nothing and just makes you annoying, and that people posting inane revelations they have are neither new or refreshing.  The lack of intelligence that humanity possesses astonishes me.


And while this all may be very true, I think I've been going about this the wrong way.  For a time, I've been trying to persuade myself that all of these qualities that I've been fuming about should be accepted.  But now, I don't really think that.  Those qualities shouldn't be accepted.  It is true that people posting inane revelations they have may be revelations for them and not me, but why should I get my feathers in a bunch about it?  I think it's annoying and wrong, but it's not to those people.


A part of me thinks that I just have to wait for everyone to mature to the point where I'm at.  It's a despicable thing to think, really!  Who am I to say that I'm mature?  It's certainly not the right opinion for me to have, considering that I've only just wedged my toe in the door of life, I have a millions roads to walk down, a million experiences to shape me, so many lessons to learn and hardships to endure and joys to be had.  The path to wisdom should never be started with a goal of an end; the path doesn't have an end.  The quest for wisdom is endless, and those who think they've found an end are wrong.  There is, however, a difference to those who have stopped looking because they are content with where they are.  I know for a fact that some adults will never go very far down the path of maturation, and that (I think I can state this as a fact of life) I will go farther than they.  But to be fair, thousands of others will go father than I will.


I swear, when I look at some people's blogs or profiles or other such sites, I get genuinely furious.  And I can't see why.  It's all fine and dandy for them, and even though I don't agree with it, what's all the pish and tush about?


Now, I just need to act like I don't give a pish or tush.  Easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment