Friday, May 28, 2010

Well, here I am

... in Jersey.

I'm actually having a really lovely time.  Despite this past week being a week in which I thought I was going to relax but found out otherwise, I have blessedly not been as tired.  During this whole week (excluding last night), I haven't gone to bed before 1 AM.  Although, last night should count, considering I had to wake up at 3:30 AM to catch my flight.

I nearly died of a heart attack today several times.  First of all, the bus to take me to O'Hare was fifteen minutes late.  For someone like me who likes to be at the airport in plenty of time, even if the airport bus was spot-on time, it would've been an abnormally tight squeeze.  Naturally it wasn't.  I got to the airport with forty-five minutes to go before my flight and due to my genius of printing out my boarding pass ahead of time managed to make it to (what I thought was) my gate in fifteen minutes.  But wait!  There's more!  My boarding pass and the boards at the airport told me to go to the wrong gate.  F8, they said.  If not for the intervention of an extremely helpful gentleman, I would've missed my flight.  We were chatting and he was telling me about how you could get text alerts about your flight, and since my phone was already off he decided to do it for me.  This was the point where I discovered my gate was actually E7, not F8.  I had to book it to the other side of the terminal and managed to make it 15 minutes before my plane left.  Phew.  (For reference, I usually like to arrive at the airport about two hours before my flight.  The earliest airport bus, however, would only take me to the airport one hour before my flight.)

But, here I am, safe and sound.  Ryan's family is pretty charming (a lot better than mine, but what's new?) and their house is a genuine menagerie.  It's amazing.  They have like, eight rabbits, two tortoises, two guniea pigs, three hamsters, a snake, a leopard gecko, and two frogs in the bathroom.  Rabbits are really soft and cuddly... just in case anyone wanted to know.

Tomorrow I'm going yarn shopping at some local yarn stores, because if I don't start a new project for me as soon as possible, I'm going to explode.  I still haven't ever knit anything for myself.  Not to mention, knitting provides daily stress relief in a way nothing else does.  Although being in Jersey, not having anything to do, and hanging out with Ryan all day is the best stress relief cocktail I could ask for, I still want to knit.

Time to do some Ravelry cruising.

1 comment: