Sunday, May 16, 2010

Of Mitsuwa and Overwork

I have just a week before things slow down and I can relax.  Really, I should have taken this day as a personal day but I chose instead to accompany a few friends up to Chicago to Mitsuwa Marketplace.  Mitsuwa is a Japanese department store in Arlington Heights and it sells almost everything; they also have a food court that offers the best udon I've ever eaten (but I haven't eaten much udon).  I kind of need a day where I can regather my resources and get everything organized... that was supposed to be yesterday during the morning, but that never happened either.  The Great Purge?  It's still waiting.  It kind of has to happen tonight.

Whenever I get really run down, I always have these urges to just lay around and do nothing so I can recuperate from the world.  Trouble is, there's usually all sorts of things I still need to do... so this often resorts in a lot of stuff going undone.  My two most challenging IB exams are coming up this week, bio and Japanese, and I really should be studying a lot for them; instead I nap a lot.  And eat ramen.  And take trips to Mitsuwa.

Tomorrow I have three and a half hours of bio exams to sit through before heading off to a two-hour debate meeting and then going straight to work.  With the rate tonight's going at, it'll probably be on six hours of sleep, too.  Kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment